GAE System 12
GAE System 12
The GAE System 12 has been developed under the premises of achieving the highest degree of flexibility and adaptability possible regarding the acoustic and technical features of the product.
The GAE System 12 has been developed under the premises of achieving the highest degree of flexibility and adaptability possible regarding the acoustic and technical features of the product. This concept culminates in the vast variety of possible acoustic applications (installation, touring, gala) as well as the flying-mechanical realisation of architects’ specific demands by an intelligent enclosure preparation.
All transducers have been outfitted with N/DYM-magnets to enable lowest possible weight. The components are of highest quality - whether driver, filter or enclosure - the design is most elegant and yet the system meets the motto: “Form follows function”.
The System 12 is a multi-purpose two-way loudspeaker system that can be either used as an active (powered by two separate amplifier channels – model System 12a) or passive (integrated frequency crossover – model System 12) system.
The vented 12" N/DYM loudspeaker of System 12 is outfitted with a power handling capacity of 350W according to IEC-norm 268-5 and thus capable of producing sound pressure levels of up to more than 130dB (1m). Ideally the low-mid transducer is perfected by supplying a 70W 1.4" N/DYM HF-compression driver. The driver is situated on a 80° x 60° (system variant 12-8) or by choice a 60° x 40° (system variant 12-6) square horn construction. The hand-laminated fibre-glass horn is extremely robust and resistant to mechanical influence.
The multi-layered, birch-ply enclosure is sealed with a black structure varnish by standard. Different RAL colours are available. The loudspeaker’s baffle and it’s components are protected by a solid metal front grill which is covered by a stylish acoustic foam. On demand this foam can be delivered in different colours.
The System 12 combines high output levels with a natural and distortion-free sound (thanks to High-Efficiency-Crossover-Design) in a compact enclosure. Being a full-range loudspeaker it can be used for Medium Throw Purpose as well as for the hard touring routine and installation.
· elaborate, unobtrusive design and perfect performance for best acoustic results
· professional audio quality for all kinds of installation and live-application
· high flexibility, granted by free choice between a 80° x 60° or 60° x 40° horn
· squared horn - rotation possible, which allows an adjustment of the irradiation to a horizontal or vertical mounting
· active-controllable or passive filtered loudspeaker version by choice
· optional attachments for flying or installation
· various colours eligible – standard design: black similar to RAL 9005
· ideal for installation and mobile use
· 12"-N/DYM LF-transducer and 1.4" N/DYM compression driver