GAE System 15
GAE System 15
The GAE System 15 is a two-way system which is completely compatible to System 12 but by contrast to this has been supplied with an enlarged, more powerful deep-tone response.
The GAE System 15 is a two-way system which is completely compatible to System 12 but by contrast to this has been supplied with an enlarged, more powerful deep-tone response. It consists of a vented 15"-N/DYM low/mid-transducer and a horn loaded 1.4" N/DYM compression driver.
System 15 has as well been developed under the premises of achieving the highest degree of flexibility and adaptability possible regarding the acoustic and technical features of the product. This concept culminates in the vast variety of possible acoustic applications (installation, touring, gala) as well as the flying-mechanical realisation of architects’ specific demands by an intelligent enclosure preparation.
All transducers have been outfitted with N/DYM-magnets to enable lowest possible weight. The components are of highest quality - whether driver, filter or enclosure - the design is most elegant and yet the system meets the motto: “Form follows function”.
For System 15 the active operating mode is available optionally. In practice this concept offers a huge number of advantages: Usually it is driven as passive full-range loudspeaker (model variant System 15), add one amp-channel and you find additional power and control in the bass-spectre for the active version (model System 15a).
The System 15 is predestined for complex challenges in sport arenas, multi-purpose halls, clubs and theatres as it offers an enormous audibility and – for the active variant – raised power and system control.
The vented 15" N/DYM loudspeaker of System 15 is outfitted with a power handling capacity of 350W according to IEC norm 268-5 and thus capable of producing sound pressure levels of up to more than 130dB (1m). Ideally the low-mid transducer is perfected by supplying a 70W 1.4" N/DYM HF-compression driver. The driver is situated on a 80° x 60° (system variant 15-8) or by choice a 60° x 40° (system variant 15-6) square horn construction. The hand-laminated fibre-glass horn is extremely robust and resistant to mechanical influence.
The multi-layered, birch-ply enclosure is sealed with a black structure varnish by standard. Different RAL colours are available. The loudspeakers’ baffle and it’s components are protected by a solid metal front grill which is covered by a stylish acoustic foam. On demand this foam can be delivered in different colours.
· elaborate, unobtrusive design and perfect performance for best acoustic results
· professional audio quality for all sorts of installation and live-usage
· high flexibility, granted by free choice between a 80° x 60° or 60° x 40° horn
· squared horn - rotation possible, which allows an adjustment of the irradiation to a horizontal or vertical mounting
· active-controllable or passive filtered loudspeaker version by choice
· optional attachments for flying or installation
· various colours eligible – standard design: black similar to RAL 9005
· ideal for installation and mobile use
· 15"-N/DYM LF-loudspeaker and 1.4" N/DYM compression driver